We assist tribes in all EPA Regions who are inventorying, assessing and redeveloping/reusing brownfields. We also provide online tools and a database to create site inventories, manage data and write proposals for EPA funding.
Brownfields technical assistance is available to tribal organizations at no cost. Tribal TAB is a national program funded by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Tribal TAB helps guide tribal governments through the brownfields inventory, assessment, cleanup and redevelopment process, using custom-selected teams of experts to address site-specific needs and provide mentoring. Tribal TAB assistance is usually coordinated through the tribal environmental director or 128(a) Tribal Response Program (TRP) brownfields project manager.
KSU TAB works with all federally recognized tribes in all EPA regions including Alaska.
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC), AK
- Inter-Tribal Environmental Council, OK
- Eight Northern Indian Pueblos Council, NM
- Indigenous Design and Planning Institute, NM
- Technical presentations, workshops and seminars
- Strategic planning and redevelopment visioning workshops
- Economic feasibility and sustainability analysis
- Identification of potential funding sources
- Assistance with environmental justice issues
- Guidance in finding and contracting with environmental firms
- Independent review and summary of technical documents
- Community outreach
- Liaison service between your tribal organization, state or federal agencies or other entities