TAB provides free technical assistance to communities and other stakeholders with brownfields redevelopment efforts
Free Technical Assistance to Local, Tribal, and State Brownfields Efforts
Free Expertise in Planning, Environmental, Economic, Community Involvement, & other Topics
Local & Regional Workshops
On-line Tools & Education
Workshops, Webinars and Online Training Overview
Select Workshops, Webinars or Online Training under the 'Education' tab (above) to view available opportunities. Log into your TAB account to register for a workshop, webinar or online course.
TAB Brownfields workshops, webinars and online training are FREE and designed to help you:
- gain a better understanding of what a Brownfield is,
- learn how Brownfield revitalization can be a part of your community’s economic development strategy,
- and hear from local, state and national leaders on resources available to your community.
These events are attended by peers from other locations, and play a key role in sharing information and cultivating relationships among stakeholders in communities. Workshops, webinars and online courses are typically conducted by TAB, state and federal employees and other associates who can give site-specific follow-on assistance. These events have been shown to promote interest and activity in brownfields redevelopment. Learn about available events and courses by selecting Workshops, Webinars or Online Training under Education. Log into your TAB account to register for an event or online course.
Online Tools Overview
The Brownfield Inventory Tool (BIT) is a FREE, online, comprehensive site inventory and brownfields program management tool. BIT was designed especially for users working under an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) cooperative agreement, but any entity working on establishing a site inventory database will find BIT useful in consolidating environmental and administrative information from sites in multiple programs.
Learn about BIT by selecting BIT under Resources. Use BIT by logging into your TAB account and selecting BIT under Online Tools.
TAB EZ is a FREE online tool intended to streamline and simplify the grant writing process when applying for EPA brownfields assessment and cleanup grants. TAB EZ is very user friendly, offers helpful hints for addressing proposal requirements, and links to additional resources.
Learn about TAB EZ by selecting TAB EZ under Resources. Use TAB EZ by logging into your TAB account and selecting TAB EZ under Online Tools.
* FY15 Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training Grants - Proposals due February 3, 2015
* HUD Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Grants Notice of Funds Availability - Proposals due February 9
* Brownfields 2015 -EPA National Conference - September 2-4, Chicago
- 4/2/2015 2015 Delta Brownfields 101 Workshop (Rescheduled to April 2) More Details >>>
- 5/5/2015 2015 Making Brownfields Programs Work for Your Community - NDEQ Webinar More Details >>> See All Workshops See All Webinars
Site-specific Assistance: It's closer than you think
For TAB assistance in EPA Regions 1 & 3:
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT).
For TAB Assistance in EPA Regions 2, 4, 9 & 10:
Center for Creative Land Recycling (CCLR).