What Can KSU TAB Do For You?
KSU TAB services are free to communities and tribes. We work closely with federal and state agencies to assist communities/tribes in their revitalization efforts of brownfields sites. KSU TAB assistance is tailored to the specific needs of a community/tribe and is usually coordinated through the city, tribal or non-profit brownfields project manager. KSU TAB brings university educational and technical resources as well as industry/consulting experience to communities affected by environmental issues at brownfield sites. KSU TAB serves as an independent advisor and resource for community revitalization efforts.
KSU TAB oversees a network of over 20 TAB Partners in consulting firms, universities, and other non-profit organizations, that serve in custom-tailored technical assistance teams organized by KSU. They were selected in a fair and open RFP process. TAB Partners or event sponsors may not market their services in association with TAB or TAB activities, in keeping with established practices to mitigate conflict-of-interest. EPA does not endorse the products or services of others. Click here for more information about becoming a TAB Partner and call Blase Leven, Daena Blair or Sheree Walsh, with any questions.
Examples of TAB Service that can be provided upon request:
- Technical presentations, workshops and seminars on brownfields-related topics
- Strategic planning and redevelopment visioning workshops
- Economic feasibility and sustainability analysis
- Identification of potential funding sources
- Assistance with environmental justice issues
- Guidance in finding and contracting with environmental firms
- Independent review and summary of technical documents
- Community outreach liaison service between you, state or federal agencies, or other entities
- Assistance with sustainability education and planning
- Assistance with soil analyses for community gardens placed on brownfields
How Do You Get KSU TAB Assistance?
It's easy. There is no formal application process. Communities are accepted on a "first-come, first-served" basis within each state.
Steps to TAB Assistance
- Call or email us.
- We will discuss your needs and KSU TAB resources.
- We will agree on a course of action.